An established retail and fashion industry in India has leveraged RPA to eliminate their manual activities and streamline their processes.
A few key accounts identified an important Sales channel for the company. Sales Reports from this channel need to be presented in a specific format for management’s review and prepared for the direct update to their other databases. Due to time constraints, however, this was carried out as a weekly activity and it was completely manual.
By introducing an Unattended Automation solution for this business use-case, the reports could now be prepared completely in an automated way, much quicker and with 100% precision. Also, it can be made available daily and on-demand.
- Customer’s sales data available portals need to be downloaded in excel format and information from emails needs to be extracted
- Data calculations like inserting additional columns, new formulae, lookups, and other calculated data to be done in spreadsheets and put in the required format
- Required data for all accounts consolidated in on-demand/daily consolidated reports
- Information is sent to stakeholders via Email
- Reports created are in DB upload ready format
- Reports are also placed in FTP location and uploaded to Gdrive for business user’s consumption
- Daily deviations and daily statics report
The business objectives and benefits expected by the Business after automation of the selected business process are:
● Reduce processing time
• Reduce manual errors
• Process streamlining
• Data available daily
RPA used Uipath using following the below approach to ensure business exceptions coverage and data processing: