Automation of IT Processes for medium and huge corporations is now inevitable. Organisations have numerous IT applications and varied infrastructure frameworks and utilities. Seamless integration, provisioning, monitoring, and correction becomes a very daunting task for the IT team.
Setting an Automation framework is quick, easy and helps . It is completely non-intrusive and blends into your IT framework seamlessly.
This results in higher productivity of IT teams, Increased agility, fast response to changes & requests, and eventually Cost savings.
1. On Boarding: Onboarding is the process of introducing a newly hired employee into an organisation. Onboarding is an important part of helping employees understand their new job requirements, and integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company by providing access to every essential system. There are many activities that go into the onboarding process, from the job offer to team training. The company can establish rules that the RPA system uses to make decisions according to the new employee’s profile.
When analysing the onboarding with an example, if there are 20 employees to be onboarded, the manual effort of around 6 hours (Weekly basis) or periodically by the HR and IT team is required. But using RPA, the effort time is reduced to 1 hour. The process triggered from the input mail creates mail id with mandatory fields in GSuite using APIs, adding the employee into multiple systems such as Biometric system etc. It also makes Phone extension, requests mandatory accessories and IDs as per their roles. Finally, the bot sends notifications of success and exceptions.
2. User-Access Management: Employee Access Management of the entire workforce is a prime duty of the HR department for effective staff handling. Access the respective system and download the list of employees who have not logged in to their respective emails from the previous month. Email their details to the concerned manager. Change the user status to ‘Suspend’ in the respective system. Automated tracking can eliminate the cumbersome manual activities including paperwork and save more time. With such a mechanism, you can expect accurate management.
User access management works by checking the GSuite system for employees who have not accessed their mail-id for a month. It filters the manager details from overall employee information Database systems, specifies the employee’s status to be suspended in the GSuite system, and sends a notification to respective manager email-ids. Exceptions will be raised in case of manager mail ID is not found.
3. Off-Boarding Processes: Off-boarding automation triggers for an employee who has resigned and whose exit is approved in the HRMS. Automation triggers deactivate the user without deleting, suspend the user’s application access, and stop mappings from running on the user. We leave the final ‘Delete User’ step as a manual one for client / admin to take. Automation is even more critical when people part ways with the organisation and need to have their application access removed, providing a thoroughness that manual efforts can’t match. If you fail to remove access in time or miss a key access point, you are looking at a security violation and possible damage to your organisation. In fact, one in every five organisations reports data breaches due to incomplete deprovisioning.
Off-boarding, starts with checking the notification details in the HRMS portal, change the status of the employee in all integrated systems such as GSuite system, Biometric system as resigned, even screenshots of status can be maintained for future reference, removes storage accessibility, send the notification back to HRMS system and also clears the notification details. Exceptions handled when the employee ID not found.
Advantages of RPA
- Bridging incompatible applications and platforms
- Minimising the on-boarding lifecycle and more efficient employee on-boarding
- Frees a department from its repetitive and redundant tasks, so they can focus on more strategic initiatives and automate processes within your existing digital HR systems
- Ensures higher compliance with changing regulations and enhanced employee experience
- Reduces the chaos associated with paperwork